Join Us

'Hopefully I can play in Manchester all my life'

The Ivory Coast international only moved to Old Trafford last summer, but he is already looking to enjoy an extended stay in the Premier League
Eric Bailly is hoping to become “a great player” at Manchester United, with there a desire on his part to remain at Old Trafford “all my life”.
The 22-year-old defender completed a move to England last summer, with Jose Mourinho snapping him up from Villarreal.
Bailly settled quickly into new surroundings, winning United’s Player of the Month award for August.
A couple of untimely knee problems have hampered his progress somewhat, while he is currently away on international duty with Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations.

The cultured centre-half is, however, thoroughly enjoying his time in the Premier League and is already planning a long and successful career with the Red Devils.

He told sport360: “Hopefully I can play in Manchester all my life.
“I'm very happy here because it is such a great club. It's such an honour to play for United and I hope I can continue giving my best to become a great player in this club.

'Zlatan can play for United for another five years'

“It's difficult to claim the position of being a first-team player, but I have to enjoy every minute I get because it's a wonderful club and I'm very happy to be there and to be part of it.
“I'm happy to be at such a big club. I never dreamed a better dream than playing for Man United. Hopefully I can enjoy every bit of it every day.”

Bailly has also hailed the progress made by United this season under Mourinho, with a slow start to the campaign making way for a 16-match unbeaten run in all competitions.
He added: “There are a lot of new players and the coach is new.
“Now we are noting that the team is gelling together and creating a good atmosphere, and we are having the results too.

The Ronaldo that never was

"We know that with a coach like Mourinho, he can bring the best out of players, so I'm very confident that this team can go further. The players are getting a good understanding both on and off the pitch.”

Comments