The Brazil international has been heavily
linked with a move to Camp Nou but insists he could yet stay in his homeland Lucas
Lima is weighing up a contract extension at Santos and denied receiving an
offer from Barcelona. The Brazil international midfielder's existing deal at
the Vila Belmiro will expire at the end of December and reports last week
claimed he was set to sign a pre-contract agreement with Barca.
However, Lucas Lima will make a decision on whether to renew
terms at Santos following an offer that it is claimed will double his
salary.
"Santos'
proposal is very good, the president [Modesto Roma Junior] has made a great
effort for me to stay," he told Globo Esporte.
"I'm
going to talk to my family and give an answer to the club that gave me my
chance.
"This will be my biggest contract. The financial side
weighs in, but it is not the most important thing.
"I
want to continue in the Brazilian national team, to win titles, to have the
affection of the fans. I'll think about the money, of course, but it's not my
first thought.
"I
want to solve this soon, but now my focus is on the Copa do Brasil, then we
travel to Goiania [to play Atletico Goianiense on Sunday]. I'll leave it to my
father."
Lucas
Lima denied a report he has told Neymar he will join Barca at the end of the
year, insisting he has not received an offer from the Catalan giants.
The 26-year-old revealed he has turned down offers from Crystal
Palace and China and will ensure Santos are the first to know about a decision
on his future.
Lucas
Lima said: "What I spoke to Neymar [about Barcelona] is more from
curiosity, but I've had no proposal."I want to make clear that when I make
my choice, Santos will be the first to know. Santos is the priority.
"I had a proposal from Crystal Palace, a fortune from
China, and they were not the teams I was hoping for.
"I know that playing well in Santos I will
continue in the Selecao … and that carries a lot of weight."

Comments
Post a Comment