The German left the Bundesliga side in 2008, but can see himself going back to the club before his career is over
Despite speculation linking him with a move away after a season in which he was the target of considerable criticism, the Germany international is expected to sign a new contract with Arsene Wenger's side.
But on talk of a possible return to Gelsenkirchen, Ozil told the Funke Media Group: "Right now, I'm not thinking about it. But in football you cannot rule out anything."My family would be very happy about a return.
"Schalke is my absolute favourite club, I'm still a big fan. After all, I grew up with Schalke.
"In terms of potential, Schalke is the number three for me in Germany after Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund.
"They have wonderful fans and a great stadium. It is a pity that they are stuck in mediocrity. This fantastic club deserves more."

Comments
Post a Comment